Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Emergency Pants

When Brent and I first got married, we lived in a VERY small, VERY hot, VERY ugly, brown, single wide trailer. It was awful, but very cheap, so we were grateful. Every morning when I got up to get ready, I was so hot, I never got dressed until I walked out the door. I kept getting make up all over my shirts when I would pull them on! So I would put on my underwear, my shirt, even my jewelry and sit down and do my make up. I would not, however, put on pants, it was just too hot.
WELL, one morning I was late, distracted and not in a great mood to say the least. I sped through getting dressed, ran to the car and headed to work. (My job being in Mesquite) As I neared the end of my driveway, I realized, that I had FORGOT to put pants on!! I was horrified! So I back up, and stopped my car. Now, above mentioned trailer was on the main highway, and my neighbors where very close. I darted from my car to the house, thanking the good Lord every step for garments and all they covered. Tragedy averted!!
Always being hard headed and learning lessons the hard way: I repeated the same above scenario a week later! Except this time I was almost out of the valley before I noticed I had NO PANTS ON!! (You may be thinking at this point; who forgets pants?)
I turned around and drove all the way home. I pulled into the driveway and prayed with all my heart my neighbors were in the house and not standing near a window! I exited the car and darted toward the trailer. As my foot hit the bottom stair to get in, the neighbors truck roared to life. I was startled and spun around to see them sitting in their truck, completely dumb founded. They had been there the whole time. They just starred at me. I wanted to cry.
From that day forth, there had been an extra pair of jeans stashed in my car. Because you never know when you need emergency pants!

4 comments:

  1. Rest assured that from a distance... garments look like white spandex shorts. At least that is what Racqual L. and I used to say to each other... wearing our extra BAGGY t-shirts and garment bottoms out in the yard.

    I love the story... that is the best Ashley.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emergency pants is funny stuff! I need energency tops, I don't know how many times I've forgotten my bra and shirt. All-be-it I normally have on a hoodie, unless it's summer. Taken out the trash in the g's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spare pants - I like it! We keep spare clothes in our vehicles for a variety of purposes - especially this time of year with all the snow - if the car breaks down we would have to stay warm.

    Great story - definitely made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are hilarious! I've never forgotten pants, but bras TONS of times :)

    ReplyDelete