Sunday, August 22, 2010

Conversations Over Heard

Sometimes I hear the ends of conversations and feel shocked/ and or disgusted/ and or horrified/ and or amused. I really don't have the room to judge because I did not hear the beginning of above mentioned conversation. Below are some examples. Draw your own conclusions.

*At Lin's in the Dairy section, a woman on her cell phone* "It is really red. I mean, like a cherry. I asked him that was normal, he said not usually!"

*Dropping Ella off at nursery* "....kind of terrible, but what can you do about it? I gave him some mouth wash but I was afraid he'd swallow it. Cuz how do you rationalize with him not to swallow?"

*Brent playing with Ella in her toy room. They had her princess carriage and her school bus* "And that is why you should not drive drunk!"

What frightening conversations have you walked in on?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! i love it.

    my best one ever? i was hiking the Y and on my way down happened upon a first date hike (there are lots of them on the Y) they were huffing and puffing and the girl said, "and that summer i tried to commit suicide"

    the guy's face looked like, i don't know, but shocked is not the right word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm this morning (evil monkey) and probably my favorite overheard conversation was when I was teaching and my kids were in a center discussing my level of "niceness" when one little girl said, "she's mostly nice, unless she has in her angry eyes." hahaha Brent's got the DUI bus out again huh? :)

    ReplyDelete