I ran out of Kleenex SO,
I'm now toting a bandanna which by the way is not very absorbent. My greatest fear is it may land me on "people of Wal-Mart for exhibiting hick behavior. Where do you find those lady "hankies" my grandma used to keep neatly tucked, ironed, and folded in her purse?
I ran out/can't find my chapstick (I think a hungry little tot mistook it for a tasty snack) SO,
I rummaged through my toiletry drawer and found a tube of lanolin, the #1 product of comfort for sore______of breast-feeding mothers. Yes, that is now what I recommend for sore nostrils, not that other "n" word I refuse to say that rhymes with ripples. It's really thick and no matter how many times you wipe, it stays put! It smells a little "natural" but I'm pretty congested so that really isn't a problem.
I couldn't bring myself to battle my one-year-old son into a 3rd outfit SO,
I let his sister dress him, in her princess dress-up clothes. hahahaha Think of it as an alternative to a kilt, it was even blue (thank-you Cinderella)
My daughter ran out of clean panties SO,
thankfully she has a pair of orange-checked bloomers from an old dress that did the job. Note-they don't go well under knit pants. Stick to loose fitting clothing.
Hopefully I will soon cease my acts of desperation and feel as if I want to embrace living again i.e. purchase Kleenex and do some laundry.
What are your acts of desperation?
Let me tell you... a bandana is far too classy to be interpreted as hick behavior. The other day I blew Maddy's nose on the bottom of my white cami that I wore under my other top. Stewart saw what I did... and said are you nuts Mom... use her shirt to wipe her nose.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of chocolate desperation... where you break into the choc.chips for baking that you are keeping in the freezer (its Nevada and they melt anywhere else, unless its winter). I am pretty desperate for chocolate today. But none in this house... unless you count the dark choc.chips in my Kashi cookies and they are healthy... and way too little chocolate.
ToOdLeS.
ps. I also try to talk myself out of symptoms. Like pretending I don't have a sinus infection and don't really need to see a doctor. Most of the time I let it go way too long... then I have to hit an Urgent Care. (now that is desperation)
i once used a diaper as a pad.
ReplyDeletedesperate enough for ya?
I hem pants with a hot glue gun. It holds for dozens of washes, and as long as it's the right kind of fabric, you can't tell how it was done. It even achieves that ellusive "invisible stitching" look that I remember a 4-H judge holding up as the gold standard that everyone should be trying for-- when she was judging my sister's project group, not, of course, mine. Once the sewing got harder than a cat head-shaped bean bag, I switched to gift-wrapping.
ReplyDeleteI have been a blah blah blah SLACKER!! I once was stranded with a very very full bladder. No bathroom in sight and a sleeping baby in the car. I used an empty gerber puffs container for my.... deposit! I have also used a PAD as a DIAPER.
ReplyDeleteTP works pretty good as a tissue substitute. I wonder what folks think when they come to my house and see rolls of TP stashed around.
ReplyDeleteAsk me after this weekend what my acts of desperation are - it's T Rex's family birthday gathering. I was trying to keep it a small gathering but it seems even long distance relatives (i.e. from Ely) will be attending in addition to the local relatives. I'll let you know how it goes!