Thursday, October 22, 2009

Somebody's Been Eating My Porridge

You all are familiar with Goldilocks and the three Bears right? Papa bear, mama bear and baby bear get their breakfast munched by a little girl who has negligent parents. Well, somebody has been eating my butter.


My spreadable butter has been desecrated. But I haven't seen Goldilocks anywhere. Which leads me to the conclusion that Papa Bear has been using a steak knife in the butter again!

Which gets me thinking about sharing...

Sharing is caring right? Yes, except for in the case of...
-Butter: obviously you can see why
-Roasted carrots: I really like them, okay that's an understatement I LOVE them, I have been known to spear off predators with my trusty fork. My own father even.
-Chapstick: germs, germs, germs. On occasion I will share a drink, but never chapstick. And no I don't mean "sharing a drink at the Red Rooster" I mean sharing a drink, any drink, in a cup!
-See's Candy: I only give my husband the kind I don't like. hehehehe I think he might be on to me but knows what I'm like, so takes what he can. Good man.
-Ice Cream: I've even attacked my own offspring over this one.
-Expo Dry Erase Markers: I horde them like a squirrel stashing nuts for the winter. I don't like the feel someone else will leave on MY markers. I don't like the thought that my precious babies could be reduced to stubs by one careless exclamation point. And some people do not listen for a click to make sure the lid is securely in place. Confession: I used to hide them from my team teacher. (Sorry L, you know I'm crazy)
-The Grinch on Whoville-opoly-he's mine! I'm the Grinch! Together we rule the board! In case you were wondering, this is Monopoly with Grinchy characters.

Most of these have to do with food. Can you tell where my priorities lie?

However, there are things that I will share (some of them even involve food)...
Books-My cause is literacy. I will discuss literature with anyone from age 1-100. My teacher background will get me up on the literacy soap box faster than anything else. Even though I love my books, I love to share them even more.
Cookies-I feel particularly festive and generous around the holidays, thus leading me to share food.
My toys-It's more fun to play with someone!
My writing-hence the blah blah blahg, maybe you're wishing I'd stop spreading this love around.
Good deals-I want all consumers to experience the joy of getting a product for less. And, no I don't work for Wal-Mart sales management.

What do you like to share/not share?

5 comments:

  1. thanks for always making me laugh j.
    you could sell thousands of books with your witty style.

    and the dry erase markers had me laughing in tears. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps-

    i like to share love. not germs.

    that's my motto right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I flat out, viciously, refuse to share my toothbrush with brent. If I notice it wet after he has left for work in the morning, I throw it away and get a new one. (note: I obsessively keep back up toothbrushes. I will not share these either) I also do not share gum. Cuz that's just nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will share just about anything.

    Good news, bad news.
    My kids. (time with my kids)
    I can't think of one thing I do not share right now. Germs is a given. Who wants germs... or sickness.

    Very cute post.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. oh and I am not afraid to share my opinion.

    ReplyDelete