Sunday, October 11, 2009

TV Commercials

I know, I know should I be opening this can of worms? You probably don't even watch TV. Well I don't watch a lot (although I do have my fav's) and this is the reason why...
THE WORST COMMERCIALS OF current TIME in no particular order...

#1. CHARMIN-That evil little cartoon toilet paper bear. You know, the one who wipes his bum with extra soft tp that is soiled with blue water. There are so many things wrong with this commercial
A) Bears don't use toilets or toilet paper-sorry for stating the obvious
B) It's completely vile (even if it is only a cartoon) when lil bear doesn't wipe good enough, so mom has to chuckle and hand him extra-soft, all-be-it industrial strength tp
C) Why is a bear a spokesperson for tp? Who has ever got close enough to a bear to see if they do anything besides scrape their nether-region on the grass or keep walking as they do their business.
D) Why is the "liquid" blue? If you ever excrete anything blue please call 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY!!!!

#2 VICTORIA'S SECRET-no particular commercial just all in general. Where do you look when this comes on and you are in the room with your brother and dad? These commercials do not make me want to go buy a bra, they make me want to go hide in my closet and never come back to society because I realize I will NEVER look like that! Besides it's pretty much porn and that's not cool with me. Have some morals, you're selling underwear to women not running a chicken ranch.

#3 CIALIS-seriously? Why? These commercials for male enhancement should be discreetly used as non-speaking ads tucked quietly inbetweenxt the pages of Golf digest or something. Besides, it must not be a very good product or those two people wouldn't be in separate bathtubs 10 feet apart!

#4 PEPTO-the jingle, the pink, the over-abundance of references to bowel functions, the cavalier attitude about POOP. STOP I can't take it anymore.

#5 MUCINEX-but wait another commercial about disgusting, body secretions that contains little talking mucus cartoons. A whole family of them. Obviously they are marketing to small children. Look kids, if you take this stuff little cartoon guys will appear in your nostrils and help you to blow the giant'est' snot rockets EVER!

I could probably make this a top 10 list but I am starting to feel queasy, so the rest is up to you my friends. What commercial do you nominate?

5 comments:

  1. You're right, we don't watch TV. The last time I had to get blood work done I had to wait at the hospital lab for nearly an hour. They had the TV on in the waiting area. I was in a little bit of shock by the commercials that came on. There is a reason we turned off the TV and only watch DVDs. We're not missing a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Burger King commercials. Of course all loud car and lawyer commercials. And I once swore I would never eat at Quiznos because their commercial with the singing hamsters drove me nuts (this was also a hospital experience). I have since repented and have enjoyed a Quiznos sub or two, but they have also quit with the hamster commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!!! I HATE the free credit report.com commercial. I get that stupid song stuck in my head for days and then when it is finally out, I see it again!! And the crystal light commercial with the models pretending to be fruity beverages. It must be responsible for an influx of MEN buying up all the crystal light!AND the Godaddy.com one. I don't even know what they are advertising, but the girl seem to really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of another one!! It shows fresh steamed veggies, all white chicken and rich herbs. Its on a pretty plate with a sprig of parsley. A chef carries it through swinging doors to..... a CAT!!! Its a cat food commercial! My mouth waters for cat food! Mean trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enzyte Bob....If you've ever seen it, I don't need to explain. Glen Lerner the "heavy hitter" lawyer. It bugs me that he says car, ca, and wreck, weck. I don't know why it bugs, it just does. I agree with the Charmin. Bears?!? I think the sonic commercials are funny though.

    ReplyDelete