Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lament to Leather

The heat has driven me to craziness, literally. I found this little scrap of poetry on a Lin's receipt when I was cleaning out my car, leftover from last summer.

Here in my car
Driving on black tar
Sitting on leather
I realize I can't take much more of this weather
If I explode
Let it be foretold
When it's 115 before lunch
That's way too much!

Poetry may not be my forte but it is amusing!
May you all survive the sweltering death of summer. I really need to look into migration..

3 comments:

  1. I am hating the summer temps.
    I don't even like to leave the house. I thought I was gonna get away to cooler temps. But it doesn't look too much cooler where we are headed. Dang-it!

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not nearly as hot here as I am sure it is there (only about 100 degrees here). However, I am DYING!!! I heat is just not good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok-that is hilarious. but so true. sorry it's so hot-here's me hoping for some relief your way.

    ReplyDelete