I have missed my blah blah blahness. I don't remember the last time I consistently put anything down however, I constantly think of all the dumb things I for some reason feel compelled to write about. When I can't sleep at night, I mentally write. I laugh, cry or talk to myself. Jed thinks I'm crazy. I am. Maybe it's seeping out of me and time to get it all out so I can go to sleep again, oh and Jed too.
It is the everyday things that I think about. The insignificant moments that all add up. For example...
The hocus-pocus-voodoo that I have been using. Jed's words not mine, he's so eloquent. Let me explain, what he is really talking about are essential oils. Somehow I don't think you will find that terminology on everythingessential.me Nevertheless, I have found great use for lavender oil, and it doesn't involve voodoo, yet. I am a believer. For years I have had a little issue in the winter called, "I want to claw off my flesh, gnaw off my leg and feed it to a hyena" to get relief from my dry skin. Nothing has helped, switching detergents, various lotions with words that involve dry, shaving, lack of shaving, cortaid, you name it. Enter lavender essential oil. I was skeptical to say the least, mostly because I think the smell is horrendous. However, the first time I used it, I instantly stopped itching. Sure I smelled like I had gone swimming in my dad's bug truck tank of pesticide but that was/is a small sacrifice to pay to be released from the horrendous scratching that led to bleeding claw marks running down my leg. (Was that woman attacked by a hyena?) Moral of the story: If you have dry itchy winter skin put a few drops of lavender oil in your lotion and apply after showering. Itching cured. Just because you now smell like a can of Raid doesn't mean a thing. Raid is useful. Powerful. All admirable qualities.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment