Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Corporate Law

I got this figured out...

Everyone needs to know their niche and responsibilities right? Well here is a breakdown of our familial hierarchy...

Chief Executive Officer-my husband
I'll give him that. Dr. Laura would be proud. But before you worry that I've left my bra-burning days behind forever, you should understand that it's really just an honorary title and he knows it BECAUSE...

I am the President of Production and I don't mean reproduction, I simply mean if something needs to get done, I do it. Why wouldn't I? I'm on the job, on sight, on call 24/7 (I hate that terminology but it gets the point across.) I would be worthless if I wasn't in charge.

So this got me thinking...

Does that mean the children are my employees? And if they are, does that entitle me to all rights and privileges bosses have over their subordinates because I would like to FIRE one of my unruly little subjects!
hmmm?

What privileges do you have as boss?

4 comments:

  1. I am actually CEO of my own LLC. For a short time we had a nanny thus making us small business owners. I was named CEO of my own company. It's funny because I get mail all the time addressed to " --- CEO". It's awesome.

    And privileges? Well, I too get the 24/7 on-call and a couple of spectacularly cute employees (yes, Mama Zebra always thinks her kids have the brightest stripes). Plus, grocery shopping with said employees as well as laundry.

    What else? The list is endless. It's tough being in charge!

    A really great posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to reevaluate my career choices, because i'm stuck in a very rewarding job that i love,

    but so far i have 24 hour days, no lunch breaks, no coffee break, no christmas bonus, no maternity leave, no health insurance, no dental (ok, maybe i get dental), no transportation funds, no sick days, no vacations, hell, what do i get? oh, casual fridays! i get those!!!

    ok, i do get to be their most favorite and most hated person in the world at one time depending on the day : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am President at Bowler Corporations. Brent is in finacing and Ella is executive over destruction. She does her job well. I have tried to fire her, but she just keeps coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! This makes me laugh and I couldn't of read it on a better day than today. At the Hendricks Family Farm I can claim the above listed job duties and I am the psychologist, human resources director, vet, midwife to pets, horse trainer, disaster clean up crew leader, and interpreter.

    ReplyDelete