How many times have we heard girls, LDS and non alike, gush about how rich and deep their lives are. Sometimes I feel jealousy (Oh why can't my life be so perfect) or I feel disgusted (Oh you liar. We all know you tried to kill your husband with your car) and sometimes I feel agreeable. Today I truly do feel blessed, like life can't get any better. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a cute little house, a pretty, LOUD car and I am genuinely happy......
DON'T WORRY, THE BUBBLE DOES BURST!!! Chaos ensues on a daily basis. My pots and pans are strewn from one end of my house to the other, my carpet needs a daily vacuum, due to a certain little girls need to crush every other cracker she eats, and there is always a strange smell that drifts from the trash can when the lid is up.
I think it is interesting how people handle these situations in their lives. They either 1.feel blessed any way and just grateful for what they DO have. 2.come apart at the seems and curse all the Deity in the universe. or 3.smile with serenity and know that everyone has problems.
I regret to inform you folks, I am #2. I think I am genuinely happy, but have a temper and little patience for the ignorant. I see the world as full of evil people just striving to be good. Hopefully one day I will be #1.... probably not.
What are you????
I ALSO CHALLENGE ANY ONE WHO WANDERS BY THIS BLOG, WHICH CONTAINS THE RAMBLINGS OF TWO MAD GENIUSES, TO MAKE THEIR PRESENCE KNOWN!! JUST FOR FUN!! EVEN IF YOU ARE TOO SHY TO SAY, "YES I READ." LEAVE AN ANONYMOUS COMMENT SAYING, "JANE DOE WAS HERE". I THINK IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE IF ANYONE REALLY CARES ABOUT MY (our) RANTINGS!!! THANKS!!!
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I read!! I find humor in the rantings of you two women. I love finding how I can relate and not realate (but enjoy none the less) to what you blog about. Keep it coming. As for the way I see myself, I think I would fall under #1. I do have my bad days, but I can always look around and feel how blessed I am.
ReplyDeleteyou know if i didn't like your two ramblings i would have told you YEARS ago.
ReplyDeletethat being said- i'm a #3- i know that everyone has problems and everyone sees/handles them differently.
I would like to say that I am a #3... that I smile & know that everyone has problems... and deep down I do. But I am easily annoyed by those who portray a perfect life by telling lies to make it seem to others that life is all sunshine and rainbows.
ReplyDeleteI think we would be better off being able to candidly share reality and feel a true support system... instead of being afraid to share knowing that a judgement will be made.
Maybe I am a mulitple personality... there are days I feel blessed. Days I look heavenward and say... I can't take anymore or why me or Are YOU kidding me???
#3 describes me the majority of the time... but don't pretend that you have a perfect life and we will get along just fine.
ToOdLeS.
ps.
question: Why do you think that people are afraid to comment????
Hmmm - I think I experience each of the various forms weekly if not daily.
ReplyDeleteAnd I often wander by the blog but because I'm not so great at one handed typing I often don't comment. I love your rantings - keep them coming.
I read and love it #3!!
ReplyDeleteI am astonished to say that I just realized that there are two of you! All this time I thought it was always Joshlyn! Good Grief!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what number I am. All of them at times, but maybe leaning toward #3. I try not to judge people, but, what does "serenity" even mean? If I ever look serene it's either because I'm still trying to figure out the joke, or I'm about to fall asleep.
ALL 3 I'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one...i'm a....before i bust out any more meredith brooks i just want you to know i am SERIOUSLY SOOOO Blessed. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm mostly a lurker, but do occasionally comment! I'm a little of all 3. Depends on the situation/hormone level/sleep deprivation, etc.
ReplyDeleteJane Doe was here ;)
ReplyDelete