Thursday, February 18, 2010

Road Rules Update

In light of the recent road trip my husband and I currently embarked on, let me inform you of the current additions to our "rules." (our little things to live by each day that keep you safe and happy.)

  • Property for sale that is advertised on a abandoned truck in spray-paint is not a good deal/investment opportunity. Even if it is 34 acres of prime desert wasteland.
  • No buying suits off of the side of the freeway, even if traffic is really slow. Suits require dressing rooms. Also if you are going to peddle stolen goods at least have the decency to remove dry-cleaning tags.
  • No purchasing food prepared off of a hot plate in a stroller. I truly witnessed women cooking hot dogs on a hot plate balanced on a Winnie-the-Pooh stroller. I guess my children are wasting the potential of my double seated jogger.
  • If a homeless, shirtless man with a nose that looks like it was once munched by a pit bull wants to sell you a rose, you throw him $2 and run like hell.
Well there you are. The rules are vast and varied but I think they will protect you and keep you happy.
Have you had any updates to your rules?

3 comments:

  1. I am sure there needs to be a road rule having to do with restrooms don't you think? When Yvette called us saying she had a seizure alone (Tony and I were driving to Canada) I became very ill. I had Tony stop at the first gas station I saw. Wouldn't you guess it... NO toilet paper. Since it is nearly impossible to enforce rules depending on others to follow. The rule is... when traveling carry tissue and wet wipes in your bag. It sure saved me that day.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap...those are all scary!! I lock my doors and ignore the rose man. I also RUN past bums outside of stores who ask for money. If they ask I just yell NO and hope I scare them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick once gave a "Rose guy" a 1 and a 5 to surprise me with a rose on his way home from work......later when we went to eat he realized it had been a 5 and a 10! He's never bought me a rose since :)

    My Mom was at Roger Springs with some friends and they forgot the stove to heat food and all the kids were hungry, so my Mom whipped out her C battery and some steel wool and made a spark on some dead grass. They cooked hot dogs and everyone was happy.....Mom still hasn't told us where she learned that trick from!

    ReplyDelete