Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Narrow Mind

I think the personality I hate the worse is a narrow mind. There is nothing I want to do more than prove those people wrong. But usually those who suffer from a fore mentioned condition wouldn't be convinced of their own sickness.
EXAMPLES!!!:
#1. "Hunting is wrong so anyone who hunts is evil" Now I personally do not like hunting. (Exception: small birds, which I hate) But I do not feel like it is any of my business if someone else finds joy in the hobby. It is their business not mine.
#2. " I bottle fed my babies, so anyone who doesn't is starving their child." Does it not enter the infected mind that maybe this is a personal choice?
#3. "I will wait until 2 weeks past my due date to have my baby, so anyone who induces labor early is endangering their child." I personally have mixed feelings on this subject. My friend wanted to have her baby on a certain date, so she could be back to work by a certain time. I didn't feel like it was good to force her baby out. (my personal opinion) But her baby was fat, happy and healthy. So no harm done!! I also have another friend who went into labor, went to the hospital, and suddenly everything stopped. She waited over a week and nothing so her doctor induced labor. She then had to have a C section because she was not able to have her child. SOOO it is good that she was induced or her baby could have been in distress!

Now I ask this question to all the bloggers who are bored enough to read my dribble: Which are you? Are you so narrow minded that no one else's opinion is correct or exceptional? Are you so opened minded that anything goes? I personally feel that I am opened minded, unless it is dealing with those who are narrow minded. Then I guess.... I am narrow minded also.

Note* This is the rambling opinion of a mad woman and are not meant to offend or hurt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I have utmost respect for that. Please take this with a grain of salt.

3 comments:

  1. I grew up in a severely CLOSED-MINDED environment. It wasn't until I developed opinions of my own and learned to think for myself that I realized the error of my ways. Just because I choose to do, or believe, what I want doesn't mean what is good for me is good for everyone else and if they don't do it my way... there's the highway. I want nothing more to do with you.

    Here is an example:
    I have many friends that do not belong to the same religion or believe what I believe. I do not shun them because they do not want to join the church I belong to. I don't even try to shove my religion down my friends throats... I just try to do the right things... and what is right for me may not be right for them. I am open minded in knowing that every person on this earth has not had the same life experience or set of problems... and even siblings that are raised in the same household don't turn out exactly the same... WE are not a cookie cutter society... THANK GOODNESS!!!

    “The broad-minded see the truth in different religions; the narrow-minded see only the differences”

    Tony and I were at lunch recently when a child asked us... 'Are YOU mormon'? We kind of snickered and said yes, like what difference does that make? He quickly said, good cause I don't talk to people that aren't mormon. Give me a freaking break!!!

    Anyhoo,
    I have taken up as much space with a comment as you did with a post... oops! Sorry.

    I guess more than BROAD-minded or CLOSED-minded... I am OPEN-minded. Open to the fact that eveyone is different and that is ok with me.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit it, i can be narrow-minded on certain subjects (as in all democrats are evil, sorry granny, sorry brent) hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this blog and I totally agree with sheila. I try never to judge and if I disagree with someone, I only tell them if they want to know or specifically ask my opinion. Then they are asking for it=) No fault of my own. Thanks for your insightful blogging=)

    ReplyDelete