Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BUI

BUI (blogging under the influence) seems to be a problem. It will lead you to share with the whole world just about anything. For example, your crappy poetry you write about the leather seats of your car. Or after you have a baby and you tell the world how wonderful everything is. Lies, all lies it's just the influence. So, now you are wondering what is worse... J's poetry or J telling us she is "under the influence." Okay well let me tell you something, I am using the term "under the influence" rather broadly I wasn't exactly inebriated or anything "un-wise," I just happened to be recovery from my leprosy (a different story) with a help of a little something, something with a steroid in it, prescription of course. Which I didn't think would be a big deal, but then I realized I was talking a LOT about nothing, to everyone, including myself. I had my aha moment while laying in bed and talking and talking and TALKING and the husband started snoring. Normally he listens or at least tells me to "go to sleep now," but this time I had rambled so long he couldn't even stop me, he flat-lined. I've heard this is not too unusual of a circumstance in and of itself. However, it is not normal when you know he's asleep and you keep talking, and aren't even offended. Hence the moment!

So, the moral of the story is..."don't BUI" it may lead you to share things you normally would place limitations on, or convince others to believe in your "false sense of well-being."

Don't get confused either, BUI is much different than blah, blah, blahhiiinngg!

4 comments:

  1. oh, been there done that.those steroid thingies are horrible.talk about messing with you.

    i enjoy your posts,whether bui or not! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny.

    I have heard a ton of blogging terminology...
    blogosphere
    blogland
    bloggers butt
    bloganoia
    you get the drift.

    I guess I had better make sure that I don't BUI.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUI is real and it's dangerous!! If you think you have a friend or relative who is abusing, confront them immediantly! (hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot blog past midnight...or it would be considered BUI. I don't know why, but midnight is my sane/insane cutoff.

    ReplyDelete