Saturday, June 20, 2009

Love/Hate Relationships

Love/hate relationships, necessary evils, whatever you want to call them they dominate our lives. Here are my particularly nasty ones...

Sippy cups: I hate, hate, hate sippy cups and the fact that I can not live without them. The whole spill-proof concept is a joke and gives you a false sense of security. They leak and stain the carpet gradually and in small amounts, so you don't notice until it's too late. They are a pain- in-the-butt to clean. They create bad habits that are too convenient to break. I guess I'm looking at the cup as "half empty." haha

Long hair: Flowing long tresses, so beautiful right? Not when you keep it in a ponytail at all times! Long hair also means more upkeep, but if you cut it short, then where would the ponytail go? It's a no win situation. Also babies, particularly mine, love long hair. It's a fun chew, pull, rip toy. Why do you think so many new moms go for the "mommy cut."

Diapers: Need I really explain this one? My dog was easier to potty train than my kid. Babies should come with a catheter and then take it away when they can crawl and use a litter box or something. I bet that would also eliminate gross people touching a new baby at the grocery store! Here, move the bag, then you can touch my baby. hahaha!!!

Well that's it for now. I have more but I will spare you. What are your love/hate relationships?

(Thank you Lisa A. for inspiring this post. she's the original creator. i knew when i had this floating around in my brain it had roots from somewhere.)

2 comments:

  1. very hilarious.
    and yes I can relate...

    oh the days. the sippy-cups i used were not very technical in relation to the ones today... and easier to clean.

    potty-training was not my forte.

    and the long hair thing... women can never be happy if we have long hair we want short and vice-versa... plus the summer heat does not make it cool to wear your hair down.

    ToOdLeS.

    guess you figured out that i liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the long hair!

    We're okay with sippy cups as long as they only have water inside. But the other day when water spilled on my bed I was not so happy!

    I am going through a love/hate relationship with the crib - my little one can climb right out of it. Oh, I loved the days when I could put him in it and have no worries. Now I hate that he can climb out and I fear he'll roam the house freely all night!

    ReplyDelete