Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What hides behind? In the closet that is.....

I was recently cleaning out my closet, tossing out all the clothes I haven't worn in a long time. My motto is: Older than two years; haven't worn in two years; needs a new home. I stumbled across a black, spandex shirt that is decorated with large purple flowers. It was way in the back. I color-coordinate my closet and it was tucked behind a green blouse. Said shirt was purchased in August of 1996. It is a juniors size medium and actually fits better now than when purchased! It is my oldest piece of clothing! I used to wear it to every dance in the 7th grade because it was lucky! The one time i wore a different shirt, the boy I liked asked another girl out!
I begin a hunt for other old pieces of clothing and came across a cheer shirt circa 1997 that I had to borrow from Jamie Tuttle. I still faithfully wear the cheer shirt to work out in. I noticed the words are almost unreadable and and some areas are nearly thread bare. I love this shirt and although most of my other cheer shirts have been turned into dusting rags, this one still stands the test of time!
What is your oldest piece of clothing? Have you checked the back of your closet?

3 comments:

  1. I have not checked lately...

    but I do still have the dress I wore after my wedding dress came off and it was time to head out for the honeymoon. So that would be 27+ years old.

    I wish when I gained a ton of weight that I hadn't already tossed out most everything I couldn't wear... cause I could wear some of it now.

    ToOdLeS.

    ps. I am like you in the if you don't use it... find it another home. My hubby however doesn't part with anything. Arghhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I still have all my old cheer shirts - and some of those were before 1996! There are still actually a lot of clothes in my closet I've kept for years and years, and still wear. Some for nostalgic reasons, some because they're just comfortable!

    Great posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love the purple shirt. I think I put some wear into it too! Never get rid of it. My oldest shirt is my blue and creme checked, buttoned, shirt from freshmen year (96) I would wear it to teach in about once a year. It will never die!

    ReplyDelete