Friday, March 25, 2011

The Simple Things

Isn't it funny how the simplest things make you the most happy? Or maybe I'm just easy to please. Ella was having a hard time falling asleep tonight, so I decided to go lay by her for awhile. (Gasp!! What!? I know I broke some modern parenting commandment, I'm sure, but its just not something I care about.) It made her so happy and so much more calm to have me there. She reached out and held my hand and I just watched her slowly drift off to sleep. Every now and then she would smile a sleepy smile at me and sigh. Then her eyes would flutter shut again. My cat came wandering in, feeling left out. She curled up behind my knees and promptly began to purr. I love a good purr. I think she was also trying to hold hands, because she placed her paw on my leg. I reached down and covered it with my hand and she rested her chin on top off it. She closed her eyes and purred so hard my leg vibrated.

So I just laid there. Watching my daughter sleep and enjoying Molly's purr. And I just felt truly happy. Isn't it funny how that happens? Something so simple or common seems so wonderful?


What is your wonderful, simple moment?

1 comment:

  1. Here's one for me: http://cinnamonsstringofpearls.blogspot.com/2009/02/spanish-guitar.html

    ReplyDelete