Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mars VS Venus

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. I am beginning to believe this might be true. I have come to discover, that while men may be able to interpret the female language, they may not truly understand it in entirety. Below are some examples.

*Woman says: "Husband, the trash is full." The meaning of this phrase is: get up and take out the trash.
Man thinks: "Wow, that sucks."

*Woman says: "I'm going to get ready for bed, maybe you should come in soon." The meaning:
":) Good chance you'll get lucky."

Man thinks: "I have 45 more minutes of the Simpson's." 45 minutes later, he finally wanders toward his bedroom, not realizing there is probably a fuming woman in there.

*Woman says: "It's been a while since you bought me flowers." She means: "Buy me some flowers, cheapskate, before I cash you in for my Latino pool boy."

Man thinks:
(That is not blank by accident)

*Woman says: "Husband, will you go to the store and pick up something for dinner. I don't care what, just anything but Chinese food."

Man thinks: "I heard Chinese food." He then logs it into his brain that he heard Chinese food and brings back fried rice, moo shoo pork and wontons.

*Woman says: "I have serious PMS and I need you to be really nice to me."

Man thinks: "I need to get the hell out of here!!"

What do all you woman say? And what do your men think?

3 comments:

  1. Great post!

    Around here "we" struggle with time. I say dinner is ready and hubby and the toddler (also male) think, "I'll finish what I'm doing, clean up, bathroom break, and saunter over to the table for my meal."

    Since I'm still nursing the baby, when I need to eat, I need to eat. So, lately I've just started eating dinner without them. When I say dinner is ready, I mean immediately stop everything and come to the table to eat otherwise I'm starting without you! Like I said, rather than say anything, I just start eating. I'm hoping this will get the point across but after reading this post, I'm imagining maybe not?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yea Shawn doesn't get the whole " are you coming upstairs to bed" thing either!! You didnt here me say sleep did you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wife: The toilet is growing stuff that my grab me when I sit down (hint hint clean the filthy toilet.
    Husband: Good thing I stand up to pee.
    uggh

    ReplyDelete